Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ice Cream? 3*

I made ice cream.  Without an ice cream maker.  It is made of over ripe bananas.  I was surprised at how good it was and how much it actually looked just like ice cream.  I found this recipe via Pinterest, it linked back to Katie at hercampus.com
 
I took 6 over ripened bananas and sliced and placed on baking sheet and put in freezer.  Twelve hours later they were good and frozen.  I placed them in the food processor and pulsed them, adding a few drizzles of 2% milk.  I also added 1/2 t vanilla and pinch of nutmeg and 1 T of truvia and then blended until it looked just like icecream.
 
 
It was very good, and a great starting point for experimenting.  Next time, I will leave out truvia and try a touch of honey, and perhaps some nutella or peanut butter.   The options are endless.  Frozen strawberries, any fruit really.  Chocolate syrup.  I am really looking forward to playing with this recipe.  I gave this 3*, my husband said 2* with lots of potential.  The idea of healthy ice cream, just does not excite him like it does me.  (-:
 
Eat Well
Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment